Prospective Marriage Visa (subclass 300)

A Prospective Marriage visa (otherwise known as a fiancé visa) is for people who want to come to Australia to marry their prospective spouse who is an Australian citizen or Australian permanent.

A sc 300 visa allows you to:

·        enter Australia before you marry your fiancé

·        work in Australia

·        study in Australia (however there is no access to government funding)

·        travel in and out of Australia as often as you want

The 300 visa will be valid for 9 months. If you marry your fiancé during this time, you will be eligible to apply for a Partner visa.


Who can sponsor for a Prospective Marriage visa?

In order to sponsor you for a Prospective Marriage visa, your partner must be an:

·        Australian citizen

·        Australian permanent resident; or

·        eligible New Zealand citizen.

Your partner must be over 18 years of age.

You may be eligible to be granted a Prospective Marriage visa if you can show:

·        you are over 18 years of age

·        you and your partner have met in person since each of you turned 18, and know each other personally

·        you and your partner genuinely intend to marry within 9 months of the grant of the visa

·        you and your partner genuinely intend to live together as spouses after your marriage

·        you meet health and character requirements.

/* */