Australian Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 858)
This visa is for people with a distinguished talent. It lets you live permanently in Australia.
This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any member of your family unit who has also been granted this visa:
- stay in Australia indefinitely
- work and study in Australia
- enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
- apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
You might be able to get this visa if you have an internationally recognised record of exceptional and outstanding achievement in:
- a profession
- a sport
- the arts
- academia and research.
You must be in Australia when you apply and when this visa is decided.