Australian Partner visa (subclasses 820 and 801)
The Australian Partner visas (subclasses 820 and 801) allow the partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident to migrate to Australia on a PR.
The temporary Partner visa (subclass 820) is granted first and lets you stay in Australia while the permanent Partner visa (subclass 801) is processed.
- be the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident
- meet the relationship and other eligibility requirements
- be in Australia when you apply for the 801 subclass visa.
Length of Stay
- On the temporary 820 visa, you can stay until a decision is made on your permanent Partner visa (subclass 801).
- On the permanent 801 visa, you can stay permanently.