Australian Visitor/ Tourist visa (subclass 600)


This visa is for the temporary entry of people for tourism purposes. This visa allows people to visit Australia for a holiday or recreation, or to visit family and/or friends for a stay up to three or six or twelve months. This visa may also be used for other short-term non-work purposes.

Who should apply?

This visa is available to all passport holders who are outside Australia and want to apply for a visa to visit Australia.

Visitors of certain nationalities are eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or an eVisitor.



This visa lets you visit Australia:

·         to visit or for business visitor purposes

·         for up to three, six or 12 months.

The base application charge for this visa ranges from AUD 140.

The eVisitor (subclass 651) visa is free. You must be a passport holder of a certain country to be eligible for this visa.

The Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) visa. You must be a passport holder of a certain country.

/* */